Tuesday 24 November 2015

"Tell your Emotions to SHUT UP"

It's time to attack this area. We have struggled in this area and our emotions and little feelings have been running our life for WAYYYYYYYYYYY too long! 

Today. We're putting the smack down on our emotions. We can no longer afford to sit & entertain our feelings as they just go with the wind. YOUR LIFE can not be determined by HOW you feel!! How does that work??! At SOME point we have to TELL our emotions WHAT to do. 

I am an  emotional little mess.  I would cry if I didn't get my way, I would whine,  them to get what I wanted and then roll my eyes & think "you idiot." Yeah, I was wrong-- crazy & without Christ. Even WITH Christ-- I still hadn't renewed my thinking in that area. Like I usually would say huh,the guy was just all over me………………..oh plssssssssssssss.
 One weekend, I was having a rough week at work and I just wanted to get away. Usually, if I had a rough day-- I would travel somewhere  and just have an awesome  GET away. Yes, I ran from my problems, So, I already had a flight booked to visit a friend  So- I called her  & said, I'm coming over  this weekend I need to get away. And she was like  "No you're not"-- I'm like WHY!??! The next i heard was like, "We agreed that you were coming in 3 weeks and why would that change if you're having a bad day and moreover i have some visitors around,Babe just chill you know we already had plans to get away and just have fun with other friends?(these friends were all single ladies).lol" And I'm like "LOOK young lady, I'm coming because i need to clear my head and thoughts  I want to GET away-- -- what the heck is wrong with you??" And she stood her ground,and  said, "We don't make emotional decisions because we have a rough day, we don't run from our problems.."  Like seriously How was she gonna tell me what to do?! Is she crazy?  After we hung up the phone.. I continued to search for another get away, I was gonna go somewhere else  then..

I sat, frustrated and started to cry  deep down I heard a voice speak to me.  "you always run from your problems as if quickly changing your geographical location is going to fill your voids.. it may fill them temporarily but I desire to fill all of your heart, I know that you're having a rough week but I was there all along, I want your entire heart Freda, Stop trying to use humans and things to make you feel good about yourself. It's time to grow up. I stopped in my tracks...  I hate these feelings in my heart, I hate that work stressed me out, I hate that anybody won't let me get my way, I'm frustrated Lord!! You have to help me!!" He whispered, "What else makes you mad?".. well, I'm frustrated about.. this.. & that. He said.. "I desire for you to be content in every way & in every area. This is a good start. Pour your heart out to me daily and stop carrying all of that care. When you spend time with me, don't make it a law or a "check" on your wall of your good deeds, spend time and enjoy me freely. I desire a relationship with you. My child, I love you. I dance over you with singing-- I knew you long before you were in your mothers womb and I called you for a purpose. We are going to get through these areas together. My grace is sufficient for you. My strength is perfected in your weakness.

That DAY was a turning point for me. I realized that I was an emotionally led woman. No longer was I going to try to manipulate anyone with my emotions or others. I was determined to grab ahold of them. This is when I begin to tell my emotions to shut up. This is when I went hard against Satan's attacks & foreboding thoughts. This is a DECISION. When your co-worker is poppin' off at the mouth-- you don't have to respond with the same drama! Respond in LOVE. Smile, tell your emotions to hush & "win people over with your quiet & gentle spirit"- (1 Peter 3:4). If your husband or boyfriend is off the chain-- respond differently. Don't be that overly emotional woman or man. Nobody will want to be AROUND you. You want to be LOVED & not TOLERATED. If you ALWAYS have some drama going on around you, it makes it HARD for people to be themselves with you, worrying that they will "say " the wrong thing as they walk on eggshells around you. And if others around you are overly emotional-- LOVE never fails. So don't entertain it. Don't give into the attention and remember that whatever you FED will only GROW. If you continue to FEED an emotional person, they will continue to manipulate others with their emotions. Shut it down. You cannot change others, but you can change YOU. God wants your HEART.
 just a few practical tips.-- HOW to tell your emotions to SHUT UP!


1. Tell your emotions to shut up often. If you feel them rising up, check yourself. 
2. Do a quick "emotion" check-- meaning that if you're upset-- slow down, analyze the situation. Ask yourself if you have a REAL reason to be UPSET or are you just being emotional. Judge yourself quickly before you run & make a decision to "confront" somebody with MORE emotions. 
3. Mind your business. Half the time you're ready to pop off on someone is because of the way they "Treated someone else"-- God fights our battles. Words are powerful & they hurt LONG after the fight is over. 
4. Spend crazy time with God. THIS will NEVER change. You will be less likely to pop off on someone if you're spending regular time with God. The whole goal is to SPEND time in His word & APPLY it. You should be meditating on scriptures & using them throughout your day

5. Stop hanging with messy, overly emotional people. IF you have a ton of super emotional friends or you watch a ton of emotional Basketball wives TV shows.. what else do you think is going to come OUT of your heart??! You planted drama, you'll harvest more drama.

It's easy for you to argue & fight with everyone. It takes a STRONG women to control her emotions. God wants to be able to TRUST you. Can HE?! 

If this encouraged you drop your comments*winks*

Till we meet again..........CIAO 

23 comments:

  1. I agree. One should always be in control of their emotions or at least try to. :)

    www.vievebutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I read it all.... Well everyone has a word from this..... Definitely....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thought and right decision gives a satisfying conclusion......... Decision made based on emotions are always messed up..... Thank you for this piece .... Putting a check on thy emotions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thought and right decision gives a satisfying conclusion......... Decision made based on emotions are always messed up..... Thank you for this piece .... Putting a check on thy emotions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow good piece, i like the part which says "mind your business" welldone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece!!!
    Maturity is doing what we have to do, not what we want to do; and following our instincts or emotions rather than right judgment is more likely to lead us down a path of premature decisions and regrettable actions.
    We MUST put a rein on our emotions!!!
    Thanks biggy for sharing this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely piece! Thanks dear for sharing... This just made me realize I need to be conscious of my reactions to things and people. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freda,this post is a banger! Practical,encouraging and applicable to anyone who need to take control of their emotions,instead of being enslaved to how they feel. I always knew that you got it in you for this kind of easy,breezy writing.Don't stop now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like number 4 & 5. Your friends either make or mar you, but GOD always makes you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True and True... Unequivocally stated.. And that's when maturity comes in..

    ReplyDelete
  11. "All over me....eyes rolling" I can relate....great write up dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "All over me....eyes rolling" I can relate....great write up dear!

    ReplyDelete