Saturday 21 May 2016

Trusting God in the Workplace: But Lord, I Had an Excuse to be Mean!!!!!!!


Ever felt like you had an excuse to cut up or treat someone bad? Maybe, someone treated you badly? Maybe things didn't go your way or maybe you feel like you had a RIGHT to be upset. 
I have felt the SAME way. Let me share my story.. 

I was working with a customer service firm and I felt like the service was TERRIBLE. I tried to talk to staff, yet everyone ignored and said oh crap,human beings won’t ever change, they are same everywhere, all stubborn and won’t listen. And I heard in my heart the same grace that I give you daily.. I need you to give it to them. 
Wait, WHAT LORD? I don't like how they do business! As I fussed at Him, tears came to my eyes.Why is it that I am so hard on others (even if they are wrong) but at the same time I forget that I need the same grace from the Lord daily?! I'm reminded of this story in Matthew 18: 24-33:
I'm reminded of this because I am the person that owes a tiny bit. When I messed up in the past, I begged God to forgive me! As I repent daily for any known or unknown sin, I'm humbled by His grace & desperately need Him! Everything is great. THEN, I get tested with the person who is trying to WORK my nerves out.. AND I want him to know that I think you're trying to get over on me and I don't like bad business! 
SO, because God forgave ME, I'm going to trust His word when He says .. "A gentle answer turns away wrath." Instead of fussing with whoever, I'm going to really let God fight my battles. I'm going to trust His timing and His ways and know that I don't have to be this all-powerful-superwoman-business woman. I need to be a servant of the Lord and trust that HE has my back.. And I think it's ok to have standards and be a good business woman BUT if we are being mean, rude and just plain emotional, that aint biblical.  So, please, don't take this that you have to be some wimp
Lets ponder this: HOW are we any different than the world if we fight like them? Bicker like them? Argue like them? Romans 12:2 says "And be not fashioned according to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, and ye may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
along the way I may work with unbelievers. I may work with people that are trying to ruffle my feathers & are being used by the enemy! If the enemy knows what drives me nuts, he's gonna send people my way to distract me in that very area. BUT God will use it to mature me if I pass the test. 
So, are you giving into the bait of that co-worker.. that family member... that friend.. that boss that is DRIVING you up the wall? This is your chance to grow! You've been asking God to use you and then when the test came, you ran! You responded like you used to when you were  in the world! The proof is in your pudding honey and at times we can be so emotional that we don't even give the Lord a chance to FIGHT on our behalf. 
So, who is fighting your battles?
You?
Or the Lord?

It MAY be hard to grasp this concept of truly resting and trusting the Lord because we are in a society that screams, "MOVE, take ACTION, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!" But at the same time, the Lord may be speaking into your heart to rest. With a whisper He is trying to show you your own heart. That you move & take action and you don't wait for his response. You move based on your high emotions. You move based on how you feel that day. You move based on what you saw on TV. You move based on what mama & whoever said. God sent you to that place to be an example but.. you haven't started because you're too busy arguing with spirits. We have to remember that this fight is not PHYSICAL but spiritual! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome read!

    God strategically positions us in places where we can showcase His glory... especially in our conduct.

    May we continually make Him proud, and also realize that the battle is the Lord's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one. the flesh definitely wants to fight the battles on its own, but the more we give in to God and allow him in our lives, the faster we grow and become more like him.

    Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete